Thursday, April 24, 2008

That's my girl!

"If you don't get on the potty right this second ..."

"Hold on, let's try this. Liza, I have to go potty, and so does Daddy. If we bring your potty in the bathroom, you and I can pee at the same time! And Daddy can use the bathroom downstairs! It will be like a joint potty trip!"

"Hooray! You mean, like joint compound?"

"Not exactly, but close enough. Pull down your pants, kid."

****
(Leaning over, shouting into the furnace vent in the floor) "Daddy, I can hear you peeing! Where are you peeing, Daddy?"

"What did you say?"

"You're peeing in the potty! Silly Daddy!" (giggling hysterically)

****
Hey, at least it's one conversation I had today that didn't include one of her two favorite phrases, "Why?" and "Poopy on the poopy!" I don't even know what that second one means, other than she thinks it's hilarious to say it at the top of her lungs any time poop is mentioned for any reason.

It figures that the one think my daughter decides to do early is start using potty humor, which I've been told is usually a 3 1/2 year thing. Yep, she's mine, all right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a good parent who teaches their child about joint compound. One is never too young to learn the mysteries of the white goo.