Friday, August 08, 2008

Yes.

http://www.sweet-juniper.com/2008/08/nemo-risum-praebuit-qui-ex-se-cepit.html

I was going to post the best bits, but I couldn't decide between about 15 of them, so just go read the thing already, especially the last half.

Oh, hell - here's one of my favorites anyway:
My daughter is now fully aware that not all clothing starts out smelling like mildew and chain-smoking pubic lice, and this vexes me. "That nice smell," I tell her. "It's all chemicals. If they didn't cover them in chemicals, new clothes would smell like the tears of work-weary Honduran widows."

and

This is where the story turns from Jim-the-annoying-elitist-hipster buying his kid whatever she wants so long as it's not adorned with one of those beast-loving Mexican preschoolers to the story of a 31-year-old man trying to convince his 3-year-old daughter that she wants an entire army of 4-inch plastic Roman legionnaries to wage war on those uppity bog farmers in transapline Gaul.

No comments: