Friday, July 17, 2009

I swear, I'm going to have my own episode of "When Animals Attack!" someday


We were hiking near Waterton Lake in Canada in 2004 and saw this on the trail like 100 feet in front of us, and my first response was not OMFG A BEAR RUN FOR YOUR LIFE BEFORE HE SMELLS THE GRANOLA BAR IN MY BACKPACK.

Instead, it was OMFG A BEAR - JASON, HOLD THE BACKPACK WHILE I DIG OUT THE CAMERA AND TAKE HALF A DOZEN PHOTOS OF IT RIPPING THAT DEAD TREE TO SHREDS WHILE IT TRIES TO FIND FOOD THAT ISN'T NEARLY AS GOOD AS THE GRANOLA BAR IN THE BACKPACK YOU'RE HOLDING. WAIT, WHY ARE YOU DRAGGING ME BACK DOWN THE PATH? I WANTED TO TAKE VIDEOOOOOOOOO ...

Next thing you know, I'll be smearing honey all over my kid's face and trying to get coyotes to lick it off so I can get a photo of that, too.

Oh, did somebody say 'coyote?'

Okay, this one was far enough away (can you say, 12x digital zoom?) to not be a threat, but it was really cool to see, anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have bear envy.