Sunday, December 09, 2007

Sorry, Susan

But I gave up and had to take Elmo back for a trade. And, thanks to the SOBs who designed the Macy's girls' department with the Disney dress-up clothes right up front, we are now the proud owners of one Sleeping Beauty Princess Aurora gown, original price $60 (but we got it on sale, so you can stop hyperventilating now, Mom).

At the store:

"Liza, these sleeves are made of scratchy netting. Are you sure they won't itch you when you wear the dress?"

"Not scratchy! Liza looooooooves this dress!"

At home:

"This dress is a little bit scratchy, Mommy. Oh, well - I just won't wear it to bed."

Well, you can't argue with that, I guess. In order to preserve the dress a little longer than her previous dress-up clothes (may most of them rest in peace, er, pieces), she can't wear it outside, or when she eats, or to bed ... at least until after Christmas. I'm not THAT much of a hard-ass ... it's just that it IS nice to see her wear regular clothing at least once a day. That's not asking much, is it? And if I don't set some sort of limits, I'm going to be trying to fit her winter coat over the damn fairy wings so we can go to the grocery store, and I'm just not willing to go there yet.

Oh, and who replaced my toddler with a pre-teen? Because, my god, will you look at her?


She looks like she's ready to go to prom or something. Gahhhhhhhhhh. Jason, where'd you put the phone numbers for the convents?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My 5-year-old is also in the princess mode. She has her fairy wings - with her mermaid tale and tiara.

She also carries around her fuzzy pink purse. Which is okay with me because she fills her purse with about 2 pounds of metal balls from ball bearings. I wonder where she obtained the ball bearings, but the car seems to be driving fine.

- MLF

Anonymous said...

Liza is sooooo cute! When/how did she grow up so fast?? She is going to be a heart breaker...call that convent quick!

Star said...

Too cute!!

My daughter skipped the princess phase, she is too much of a tomboy for it!!