Friday, November 07, 2008

Nubbins

One of the benefits of my husband working downtown? Better florists nearby = I get better birthday flowers.

****


"Holy shit! Liza, come here, quick! You've got to see this! There's a deer in the front yard!" - Jason, about three minutes ago.


Way you can tell I'm a blogger? My first thought as I bolted down the stairs was, "Shit, the camera's hooked up to the computer downloading pictures." It's not real unless I take pictures and blog about it, you know.


For the record, it was a young buck with a small rack - maybe 3 or 4 points on each side? And it definitely should not be wandering around our neighborhood at 1pm, no matter how overcast it is.

6 comments:

Star said...

We haven't seen any deer in our yard,but with where we live, we really expected to!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

(sorry no flowers, but lots of love)

Gretchen said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! There was cake and pizza and a trip to a waterpark and a massage and a nap, so it was pretty much ideal for me :)

Anonymous said...

Many Happy Returns, stay well and happy. K's mom

Anonymous said...

I'll have you know that I did not use any expletives when calling Liza. (I did say stupid yesterday though, and she told me that we didn't use that word.)

Jason

Gretchen said...

Hmm, whose memory should we trust? The woman who wrote this blog entry while the deer was still across the street, or the guy who is trying to set me straight on what he said three days ago?

Dude, you totally said it, which is why I thought it was so funny.