Saturday, November 08, 2008

Sisyphean Tasks, part II


So we went away for the night last night, and we came back to this:

Jason took this photo, and what I especially love about it is how he captured our neighbor's yard up in the upper right corner. This guy is REALLY serious about his lawn, and we joke around that he has some sort of laser defense system in place because he NEVER gets leaves in his yard. We actually managed to get our yard less leafy than the neighbor's a few weeks ago, and Jason wanted to take a picture, because it was the first time in almost two years that our yard was more pristine than his. But the neighbor mowed before I could find the camera.


Anyway, the good news is that while our yard looked like the Metroparks had exploded back there, the trees are looking almost done, at least in parts of the yard.

The other good news? While Jason mowed up 14 garbage bags of leaves (no, not kidding ... did I mention that on Thursday I took out two trashcans and four paper garbage bags of leaves, in addition to the seven plastic bags Jason mowed up last weekend? There's a reason we don't mulch ... it would be knee-deep by now) ... ahem, anyway, while Jason mowed, the birthday girl had other plans.



It's been a while since she's fallen asleep on me ...

May 14, 2005

Well, maybe not that long, but I get bonus points for digging up a pre-blog photo, right?

2 comments:

Luna Park said...

happy birthday!!
will give a call tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I would still give a vote for the forest look in the backyard. Say no to the grass. Say no to the raking. And just say yes to look of the forest floor.

You can convince the neighbors that this is the ecological "green" look, instead of just the lazy I-have-better-things-to-do-with-my-time-than-rake look.