Thursday, February 12, 2009

37/365

1. I taught my daughter how to use a hammer and I was the only one who got smashed fingers [Yes, Dad, I know she's choking up on the handle ... she's hammering into cardboard, so I decided it was okay for her to sacrifice leverage for accuracy. Sheesh, you know I know better than that :) ].2. Look how cool the craft turned out (and this isn't even the coolest one, what with the wonky "I'll just freehand a heart" center).

3. The first glass of orange juice after you've been out of it for a couple of weeks.

4. "Okay, Mama, you go get our trash can from the neighbor's yard, and I'll stay inside and make sure you don't get hit by a car and die. Bye!"

5. Liza has taken naps two days in a row. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop and her to come down with whatever hideous illness she's incubating, but until then, I have lots of time to, um, read blogs and find new knitting projects on Ravelry.

********

Also, now that some obligation knitting is out of the way (ahem Dad's birthday socks ahem), I've gotten a chance to start on a pair of socks that are turning out really, really well. I hope the intended recipient loves them as much as I do ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May I suggest that you hold the nail with needlenose pliars?