Monday, February 23, 2009

Bullet points

  • We went to see Lord of the Dance on Valentine's Day. We have come to the conclusion that only a person with an ego the size of Minnesota can pull off the title role without looking like a dork. Also, the "bad guy" dancers were wearing blue button-down shirts and black Dockers, making them look like really, really athletic accountants. They also appeared to be about 14 years old. Liza's favorite part was the ... spotlights, which were coming from an area only 20 or so rows behind us, and thanks to the particulates in the air from the various smog effects, they showed up as solid shafts of light. She kept trying to catch them, which amused the college girls sitting behind us to no end.
  • The girl next to me at the Lube Stop today was getting her tires rotated. Or, I should say, trying to get her tires rotates, as they were so corroded that the employees literally could not get them off, not even with massive amounts of kicking, hammering, lubricating, and bigger hammering. Jason will be happy to know that I fought back the urge to spur them on with calls of, "Beat it like a government mule, boys!" I bet at least one of them would have gotten the reference, though.
  • I really wish that supermarket grocery baggers would get it through their heads that people who bring reusable shopping bags a) aren't aliens with tentacles sticking out of their foreheads, and b) probably don't want their milk put in a disposable bag. It's got a handle built right into the bottle, for god's sake, why on earth would I want to put it in a bag with an even less comfortable handle? And don't get me started on the guy who, after I asked for paper bags on the day I forgot my reusable bags, decided to double bag all of the groceries by putting the paper bags inside plastic ones. Gaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.
  • Sign that you're a little too addicting to your craft? You start mentally packing all of your knitting supplies and projects a week before you even consider starting to pack your clothes for the trip. Because, you know, they don't have yarn in Delaware.
  • Why does the recipe tell me to melt the butter, add the flour slowly, and stir constantly until it is thick and bubbly ... when the amounts of ingredients give you a paste similar to really, really wet pie dough, that is never ever ever going to bubble?
  • "No, I don't need a nap - I'll just watch a DVD while you take a shower."
  • After the flash on the camera woke her up enough for her to roll over ... ewww, kid drool.
  • I'm making Jason a scarf that he will never, ever wear. This is fine, because it's so pretty I'll just sit around and look at it all day while his neck gets cold.
  • How exactly does an insurance company come up with an adjustment figure for water damage without sending anyone out to the house? I mean, we haven't even managed to get the contractor to come over, much less gotten an estimate from him, and the insurance company has already decided how much our repair should cost and cut us a check. Whaaaa?
  • I have had more earrings fall out of my ears in the past year than I have had in the previous 20 years since I got them pierced. It's starting to piss me off.
  • Things I need to do: schedule Bella's teeth cleaning appointment, call my doctor to get a recommendation for a podiatrist to look at the giant corn on the bottom of my foot that is getting worse rather than better despite my doctor's assurance that it's nothing to worry about, go to see the podiatrist and have him do unspeakable things to my foot, get a haircut, schedule Liza's yearly checkup, send box of outgrown clothes to Saho's daughter, make two mermaid tails for the lady on etsy (provided she ever gets around to paying me), do our taxes, buy biodegradable plastic poop bags for the cat box.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that your earring loss problem is just a variant of my unfortunate winter hat loss tendencies.

Mom