Wednesday, February 11, 2009

36/365

1. Knocking the snow and ice off the roof also removed a good portion of the moss we've been too lazy to deal with. Now we don't have to bleach as much off this summer, plus it's all green and cheerful looking!

2. Moss isn't the only thing looking green and cheerful around here - look what I found after moving a few leaves aside (good thing I knew where to look, because this is IT for sprouts):

3. I remembered to re-cover the sprouts with dead leaves after I was done taking their picture, so they won't freeze when the next wave of winter hits.

4. The look of glee on Liza's face as she rides her Big Wheel at top speed through a puddle that comes up to the bottom of its seat, sending up rooster tails of muddy water behind her.

5. Yesterday we went to Chick Fil A for dinner, and it was kids' night, and my daughter a) went down the slide - the one that makes weird noises when you go down - a billion times, b) played with the 40,000 other kids on the play equipment, c) introduced herself to one kid she was playing with, and d) hugged the guy dressed up in the 8' tall cow costume. Holy crap, when did this start? Can I bottle it, go back in time, and show it to myself two years ago to prove that it really was just a matter of time before Liza started acting like a normal kid?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On #5: I think that this is true for most of our worries as parents. Life is easier if you parent like an agathist.