Monday, February 16, 2009

38/365

1. Homemade bread topped with homemade raspberry jam.

2. On several occasions, Liza sat down and read a book to herself - without saying most of the words aloud. And she wasn't just looking at the pictures, because once in a while I'd hear her sounding out words that were giving her trouble, or she'd ask me how to say something. I'm telling you, she's going to be on book 4 of the Harry Potter series before Kindergarten.

3. Selling something I sorta forgot I had in the shop.

4. Giving myself permission to declare today a "snow day," complete with back-to-back episodes of Sesame Street (the old school version), pajamas until mid-afternoon, and copious amounts of computer time for everyone. There might have been a brief nap on the couch in there, too ... my memory of 10am is a little hazy.

5. Snow that falls in big fluffy flakes and looks pretty for a couple hours until it almost completely melts away. Now THAT'S my kind of snow.

No comments: