Friday, October 05, 2007

And the winner is ...

In case anyone missed my oh-so-subtle mention of it, Wednesday was Delurk Day, and I offered a prize for the best story related to the DMV and driving. Thanks to everyone who participated - the stories were great, as were the details about some of the newer readers. I hope everyone will stick around for a while - I'm generally not QUITE so pushy!

As for the contest, I was torn between Deborah's attempts to edit the written test while taking it, and mrsdillydally's drive-into-the-garage-door fiasco ... and then I read Leta's comment. First of all, attempting to renew your license with a 6-week-old infant in tow probably would have won on its own (gah, can you imagine the photo, with no sleep and all the baby weight there and no time to take a shower, much less put on makeup?), but the finding out you could go to jail? Oh, too much.

Leta, you're our winner. I'll contact you through your blog so you can pick out a prize. Congratulations! And warn us if you're ever driving in Ohio, okay?

No comments: