Thursday, October 25, 2007

I'm gonna try it this year


Well, this year I finally remembered about National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo to those of us in the know) BEFORE it started, so I'm gonna give it a whirl. Basically, all I have to do to participate is post something - anything - every day during the month of November. I could post something to the effect of "I think paper clips are stupid," every day and it would count. But being the geek that I am, I'm compiling a list of possible topics, since every time I need to think of one I can never remember the awesome one I had while driving 70 miles an hour down the highway the day before.
So if you've got any topics you'd like me to cover, leave a message in the comments section. I'll use as many as I think have the potential to be interesting or funny. No, I won't be posting about Darfur - there are plenty of other places you can go for that sort of blogging. But if you want to know my favorite flavors of Tasty Kakes, let me know!
Oh, and I may start a blogroll of fellow participants, so if you're participating, let me know and I'll include you. Gotta spread the NaBloPoMo love around, you know!
And if there's anyone left on the planet who doesn't understand what's written in the badge above, it's paying homage to www.lolcats.com, where people put funny sayings with bad grammar and spelling over funny pictures of cats. Sounds lame, but is really trendy right now.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

One question that I would like you to address:

Why do the oxygen masks on an airplane have a bag on them? The flight attendents always tells us, "even though oxygen is flowing, the bag will not inflate." If the bag does not inflate, then why have the bag at all?
- MLF

Anonymous said...

Another topic to ponder is the question: Do the days get shorter in the winter?

Possible meditions on this question include:
1) Yes, because the shortest day of the year is the first day of winter.
2) No, a day is always 24 hours
3) No, the shortest day is the beginning of winter, so the daylight days are getting longer during winter.
4) No, because the Earth's rotation is slowing, so the 24 hour day is always lengthening just a little bit, so the days are lengthening.

Anonymous said...

Before I die, I would like to do...

Anonymous said...

Your thoughts on raising chickens in the backyard...

Anonymous said...

We are a lesbian couple seeking a known sperm donor. Would you mind if we asked Jason?

Anonymous said...

When will they give a Pulitzer prize for blogging?

Will that be before or after they award the Nobel Prize in Literature for a blog?

And what are you planning to say in your acceptance speech?

Anonymous said...

Your thoughts on having a second child...

Anonymous said...

Your thoughts on composting. Have you tried composting? Any success? Any recommendations for making it work?

Anonymous said...

Consider completing the sentence:
While I am happy to relay the "joys" of yeast infections and brain herpes to the blog-o-sphere, the following topics are out of bounds for commenting.

And then we would like your comments on those topics.

Anonymous said...

Have you let Liza start to pick her own breakfast cereal while in the supermarket?