Sunday, October 21, 2007

busy, busy

What happens when you get fed up with the three trees that are annoying to try to mow around and a large plastic castle that has to be moved every time you mow so that you don't kill the grass?

Somebody pass the Tylenol, because my back and one butt cheek muscle are in a world of hurt. And I still have to strip off all the sod on the back half of the new bed (Gretchen sobs quietly).

Oh, and remember the Cabinet of Mature Content?

One coat of stain, almost a whole can of stainable wood filler, a lot of swearing, and fifteen cans of spraypaint later, I've got a new cutting table and fabric storage cabinet for my sewing room.






See all the gold details? That finish comes from a metallic gold paint pen, just like the ones we all used to color on our book covers in junior high school. Oh, the smell will take you back. I couldn't believe it covered over the black in one coat. I've got two extra ones that I need to return to Home Depot before I find something else to color in. That was fun!

See, Joy? I told you I could make your dresser pretty again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is great looking! Please let us know if the gold "paint" holds up during use. Although, it sounds like it would be rather easy to do touch-up.
- MLF