1. Calling the doctor to get an appointment about a non-pressing issue, and having them tell you to be there in half an hour.
2. The look of maniacal glee on my doctor's face as he comes after me with a scalpel to trim the corns that have suddenly developed on both of my feet. Seriously, he enjoys his work a little too much sometimes, but he cracks me up.
3. Letters from my daughter that feature "double X's and double O's because I love you soooooooo much!"
4. Dill pickle spears from the deli.
5. Having the snowblower start on the first pull ... especially after Jason wrestled with it unsuccessfully for 10 minutes the last time it snowed.