Thursday, May 14, 2009

207.43

That's how much I've sold so far in the yard sale, which is actually more like a garage sale, thanks to the hideous downpour we got to live through this morning.  It was raining so hard that the mylar balloons on our sign were plastered to the ground, they were so heavy with rain.  Luckily, I had looked at the weather report and just set the whole thing up in the garage anyway, so it didn't do anything other than make my hair frizzy and my yarn a bit on the sticky side when I managed to knit a whole 8 rows on my dishcloth.  Yeah, it was a busy day.

And about $45 of the sales are officially "Liza's," since I am letting her keep the proceeds of the sales of her toys in order to encourage her to get the stuff out of my basement.  She's got her eye on a jack-in-the-box, of all things, which is technically a baby toy but takes up significantly less room than the truckload of stuff we've sold so far, so I'm all for it.  I'll probably be able to sell it for $5 on the next yard sale ...

No comments: