Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Really, I'm not kidding about the "gallons of blood" part

My plantar warts - now, with even more vascularity!
.
.
.
.
.
. (This space left intentionally blank to give the squeamish a chance to look away before we get to the good stuff)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
This was taken a day and a half after the last excision, hours after the bandage was soaked and carefully removed so that none of the gauze strings that were stuck in the scab pulled the whole mess off (like, ahem, last time).  The whole thing is a little bigger than a quarter, with the worst mess there in the middle smaller than a dime.  Yes, it hurts like hell when my podiatrist is doing the excision.  And yes, it still feels better today than it did yesterday before he started cutting.  Yesterday afternoon it was a bit on the tender side, but that didn't stop me from turning over a bunch of the back garden soil, so it must not have hurt too badly.

The one on my other foot is alllllllmost gone.  Might need one more shot on that foot, and I probably have a couple more visits with Dr. HappySlashAndScrape to solve the foot pictured above.  But at least I feel like we're making progress!

1 comment:

mlf said...

In a pedicure, you're supposed to trim the toenails not the heal.