Monday, May 04, 2009

Mother's Day Gifts Jason Would Never Think of On His Own

  1. Gift card for the car wash.
  2. A new DustBuster.
  3. A hammock and kit to hang it from the trees in the backyard.
  4. A giant rock to put in the flowerbed I'm making in the backyard.
  5. Waterproofing for the remaining walls of the basement.
  6. A bottle of Chanel #5 parfum that doesn't have flakes of skin floating in it*
  7. Happy Balls.
  8. Gift certificate to River Colors, my local yarn store of choice.
  9. Qiviut yarn.  Just because.
  10. Maid service.

*When we lived in Japan, K's mom came to visit and bought me a tiny bottle of Chanel #5 perfume (not eau de toilette) from the in-flight duty free cart.  I've been using it ever since, using the bottle's  stopper to dab a bit on my wrists and behind my ears whenever I need a lift.  The bottle has stayed cocooned in its original box so it wouldn't get knocked over in my medicine chest.  But a few weeks ago I took it out of the box to gauge the level of perfume left, and I was kind of grossed out to see flakes of what I can only guess are my skin floating around inside like a really nice-smelling snow globe.  Guess that's what 10 years of dabbing will do.

4 comments:

mlf said...

Deborah is getting steel for mother's day. A big chunk of rusty steel.


It helps that the chunk of steel is in the shape of a butterfly (http://www.williamcolburn.com/).

Anonymous said...

Oh THANK GAWD that the Happy Balls are only Alcoholic Chocolates. My mind was having a hard time grasping how the presentation would go.......


Mrshappy7105

P.s. - for my gift do you think it's appropriate for me to ask for my kids, hubby & MIL to just leave me alone so I can PMS in peace?

Luna Park said...

that's funny, my bottle of #5 just up and dried up on me! K

Anonymous said...

Luna Park, talk to me! K's mom