Sunday, July 29, 2007

Busy-ness

It's been a huge flurry of finishing projects around here. First there was the cardigan for my mother, which needed to have its buttons attached and be washed and blocked ....

(the Fair Isle pattern from Stitch n Bitch Nation)
Then I finished the baby bunny hat, also from SNB Nation. It's a little more zombie-fied than I'd like, but at least I used up part of my stash to make it, so I didn't pay to make the zombie rabbit. The finished hat is too small for my kid, anyway, so I guess Penelope's the one who is going to look like a rabid rabbit :)
Then I used more stash to make the Baby Jester hat that one of the Lexington SNBers posted as a free pattern on their group page. Took almost as long to make the pompoms as it did to knit the hat. Two words about the color scheme: Go, Flashes!


And then I used more stash yarn to finish the blue sock I started a few weekends ago down in Columbus. When I did the second sock, I realized I had screwed up the first sock, so I had to unravel it back to the heel and fix it, because it looked even more ridiculous when it was wrong than it does when it's right. Yes, these are toddler socks, and despite the over-blobby-ness of them when they're flat, they don't fit Liza too badly. I guess toddlers have fat feet.

I'm currently working on the second sock to the adult pair I started down in Columbus, as well as the "log cabin" knitting technique from Mason-Dixon Knitting, which will eventually be a felted pillow, if I ever finish the last few inches. Boy, am I getting sick of picking up cast-off stitches ... which is the whole point to the technique, but oh, so tedious. And I downloaded a few crochet patterns yesterday, just to keep my hooks in the ring on that front. I've already banged out one flower, which I still have to block, so you'll just have to wait for a while to see it. No predicted use for the flower, but it's a good project to use up the bits and pieces of the fine-gauge cotton I was so fond of a year or two ago. I've got a bunch of golf-ball-size skeins of leftovers sitting around taking up space that could be occupied by newer yarn, so it's got to go ... go productively, of course.

Oh, and I've been blowing my nose every 10 minutes, in between hacking things up and washing my hands. God, I hate summer colds. Somebody pass the Zycam ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work!! When do you find the time????
mimi