Monday, August 20, 2007

Best design so far


Here's the best I've come up with on my own - the space near the right bottom between the "base filler pullout" and "vanity base drawers" is a door, not that you can tell because I didn't erase the wall that's currently there. Notice that the work triangle is actually out of the way of the traffic flow? And the oven door doesn't open into the doorway? And the dishwasher doesn't block the drawers? The only thing I'm bummed about in this design is that there's noplace to put a set of drawers to hold pots ... but I think that lazy Susan in the corner would eat up most of my pots and pans with nary a complaint.
Btw, the scale is 1 square = 6", since my engineer father would kill me if I posted a drawing without a proper scale mentioned.
I started calling contractors and kitchen design centers today to make appointments for estimates, so it will be interesting to see if they come up with anything better. At least this has room for two barstools under the counter, and I put the drawers there so that Liza could keep some Play-Doh and crayons there to use when she gets underfoot. I was just excited to realize that I could get base cabinets in something more shallow than 24" if I used bathroom vanity cabinets, which means I can actually have a door that's wide enough to walk through without turning sideways. Hooray!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This still doesn't leave a lot of counter space.

What is a "Base Blind with Swing Out" in the top left?