Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I find it mind-boggling ...

... that a two-year-old can concentrate so hard on the act of, say, running down the driveway, that the first sign they receive that they need to poop occurs when a tennis-ball-sized chunk of it falls out the back of their shorts onto the driveway. A little self-awareness goes a long way, is all I'm saying.

Also, note to self: When potty training, avoid locations with fountains. We're two for two on leaving puddles behind at the Chinese restaurant lobby and next to the koi pond at PetSmart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gretchen, your wonderful stories always bring smiles to my face - do I remember those times. Hope you are more sucessfull than I was, # 1 was 3yrs and #2 4yrs old until they understood what happened and let me know! But don't be discouraged, we always told #2, that when he went to school he sureley would be out of diapers.
K's mom

Anonymous said...

Gretchen, nobody ever came to kindergarten in diapers the whole 17 years I taught (at least not in the regular ed classes). Only one kid sat in his chair and pee'd, and he ended up in special ed. She just has a one track mind! Be patient:)
mimi