Friday, August 10, 2007

fini

Here they are, the first of the tomatoes from my garden. Despite the drought, the deer, and my own neglect, they managed to make it. I will confess that I brought them in a few days ago and did the "ripen in a paper bag with an apple" trick to make sure I got some before they're all stolen by the raccoon that lives in the tree about 20 feet from the garden. No harm done, though, since I tasted one right after taking the photo and ... heaven!

I think I'm done with the garden photos for a while. The cilantro has gone to flower, I've got one jalapeno left on the plant, the basil and rosemary look the same as ever, the broccoli is giving me 1" pieces at a time of second (and third) growth, and I've got more cucumbers than you can shake a stick at. But until the brussels sprouts get ripe, there won't be much new to report. So if anything interesting happens, I'll let you know - otherwise, you're safe until October, when I may have some cute little sprouts to show off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you feel my pure and simple culinary and gardening jealousy?