Thursday, August 30, 2007

Progress, of a sort

Wednesday: three pee accidents (all near mealtime or when she was very tired), two poop accidents (both at the time she normally goes, but she refused to go to the potty until it was too late)

Thursday: one pee accident (at lunchtime ... maybe tomorrow we'll just eat on the potty!), one poop accident (at the time she normally goes, and she told me she wanted a diaper and I wouldn't give her one, and right after she pooped she ran over to the potty, so I think we may be getting somewhere)

Approximate number of times I have said, "Remember what Elmo says in the game - you need to listen to your body, and when your body feels like you have to go to the bathroom, you should stop what you're doing and go to the bathroom. Do you feel like you have to pee or poop?" 140,592. On Thursday. I'm thinking of recording myself on a digital memo player so I just have to hit a button to say it again. And again. And again.

Progression of bribes:
Sitting on the potty: a checkmark on her hand
Peeing on the potty: two M&Ms, which she usually forgets anyway
Staying dry all morning or afternoon: temporary tattoo
Pooping on potty: temporary tattoo AND I promised to paint her toenails hot pink, which apparently is the Holy Grail of toddler rewards, at least as far as she's concerned.

No comments: