Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Thank you for the dress, Grandma

Gotta love it when you totally deconstruct a dress to make a pattern from it, combine that with sale fabric from JoAnn's, and end up with a new dress for like $6. The only thing better: convincing my mother to do it for me. So how are you coming on the denim version, Mom?
This marks the first time I've been able to actually pose the kid, as in, "put your hand on the slide. No, the other one. Okay, get your other finger out of your nose. That one, too. Stop lifting up your skirt. Look, can you just put that hand on your tummy? Your tummy. No, dude, your tummy - right here." If only I could have gotten "stop pooching out your stomach" to penetrate the layers of her brain, we'd be golden.

And I believe this shot was the smile I got for, "Say, 'vomitus maximus!'"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Conversation at our house:
Look at the camera.
No, don't look at the trees.
Just look at the camera.
No, don't look at your shoes.
No, don't look at my shoes
Just for look at the camera, please.
Okay, where is the camera?
Then look at it.
I mean it! Look at the camera.
If you don't look at the camera, then I will spank you until you smile and look at the camera!

(I'm impressed that she's looking at the camera.)
- MLF