Saturday, November 17, 2007

Operation: Drive Mama Insane

Tomorrow we embark on the annual fall Pilgrimage to the Shore, where we eat copious amounts of turkey and Virginia ham and sweet potato biscuits, let our daughter moon around after her older second cousins, and catch up with the family we only see twice a year.

While a drive this long is never exactly fun, this year's trip should be especially, um, memorable. Liza and I are driving out tomorrow, but Jason won't be joining us until Wednesday night ... so I get to do the whole 10-hour-drive to the Shore by myself. With a 2-year-old. Who is potty training. And cutting her last two molars.

Remind me again why this was a good idea? Oh, yeah - the amount we saved on airfare will pay for a really nice kitchen sink.

I've spent a good portion of the last two days getting ready for the trip, washing and sorting and packing and repacking because Liza got into the bag and "helped," getting the car's oil changed and taking the car back because it was leaking spots on my driveway, purchasing Christmas gifts to bring with us so we don't have to ship them later on, etc. The whole process has been made even more hectic by the fact that I am exhibiting at a craft show less than a week after I get back from the trip (so I'm trying to get some of the stuff prepped for that), and I'm going to try to visit some quilt stores on the Shore to sell my Lazy Mama stuff, so I have to prep and pack all of my samples and patterns and brochures and business cards .... ugh, makes my head hurt just thinking about it.

But I'm about done now, with only the big suitcase and miscellaneous snacks left to load, and our bathroom stuff to pack. And it's not even 8pm! It's a miracle! More likely, I've forgotten something of crushing importance, which I will remember about the time I get to Breezewood. Oh, well - at least I'll have had time to watch a movie and work on my "for fun" knitting project before it dawns on me that I've left all of my underwear and antidepressants in Ohio.

Oh, and we'll be staying in The Land That Cable Modems Forgot, so my posts are going to be short and sweet, and probably picture-free. I'm sure you'll be able to handle the disappointment :)

No comments: