Friday, November 09, 2007

I had every intention of talking about myself this month

My initial concept for what I would talk about this month was to focus on myself - as opposed to most of my posts, which feature cute kid photos and stories. Nothing like a little November navel-gazing to keep the readership up, I always say.


But it's hard for me to write about myself. For one thing, I have very few topic ideas. For another, even if I come up with an idea, my in-depth coverage of the topic can usually be covered in about two sentences, which doesn't make for riveting blog entries. I'm not good at self-analysis, I guess.


For example:

- "Your thoughts on having a second child": fuck, no.

- List of places I want to see before I die: too depressing to write down, since we either don't have the money to go there, or we can't take a 2-year-old with us and do the things we want to do. But if anyone wants to send us 20 grand and babysit for two weeks, I'd love to go to Antarctica.

- Why are there bags on the oxygen masks on airplanes? I always assumed it was to give you room to breathe out while the oxygen still provided positive pressure to your nose. Or, maybe the plastic bag people have a good thing going and they don't really do anything.

- "We are a lesbian couple seeking a known sperm donor. Would you mind if we asked Jason?" No, but only if we retain rights to the video I plan to make of the whole encounter.

- "Your thoughts on composting" - The compost pile we started in Avon is still there in its expensive official compost bin, despite additions of expensive compost promoter and some fairly decent tending by me, and it's still the same size as when we left there in 2003. We probably spent over $200 on the bin, the compost promoter, the turning fork, etc., and we got not one ounce of useable material out of it. The only good to come out of that experience was that we had a snake I named Speedy who lived in the compost, which made for some interesting trips out to make deposits.

- "When will they give a Pulitzer prize for blogging? Will that be before or after they award the Nobel Prize in Literature for a blog?And what are you planning to say in your acceptance speech?" - My speech: Pass the yogurt, this gown is giving me a wicked case of crotch rot.

whew! coming in under the wire on this entry ...

No comments: