1. Zach's preliminary test indicates that it's unlikely he has diabetes, despite his weight loss and obsession with drinking out of every water source except his water bowl. Hooray for (probably) not having to give him insulin for the rest of his life!
2. With no prompting from me, the vet called Zach "Mr. Grumpypants," referring to my cat's extremely vocal hatred of veterinarians and anaesthesia and shots and needles and waking up and cars and overnight fasting and oh god the horror of it all.
3. Jason did not fall off the ladder while attempting to use an ice pick to remove the 6" tall ice dam that's causing the leaking around our bedroom window. Still have the ice dam, and the husband, in one piece.
4. Breaking off 4' long icicles and handing them to Liza, who just about falls over from the weight. Good times, good times.
5. Playful Parenting. I'm only 1/4 of the way through it, but the techniques make a lot of sense and seem to mesh pretty well with some of what we're already doing.