Thursday, January 29, 2009

27/365

1. The grocery store employee who helped me find a parking spot that was clear enough for me to make it into without getting stuck, and who actually shoveled away the slush behind my car while I was in the store so that I'd definitely make it out. Dude, you rock, and I called the store to tell your manager, so I hope there's a little extra in your check this month.

2. The following conversation:
J: "So, are you and Sybil going to go to that roleplaying game at M's house on Valentine's Day?"
G: "No, there are plenty of other things I'd rather do if you're watching the kid for me."
J: "Why don't you ladies go have a nice romantic dinner somewhere? It would be fun watching how everyone reacted to that."
G: "Yeah, but all the good places are already reserved."
J: "You could take a votive candle with you to Jimmy John's."
G: "Um .... no."

3. "My favorite colors have switched to black and gold, not pink and purple, because I saw it in a book and it looked like a better combination."

4. The strangely compelling bacon, egg, and cheese bagels at McDonald's.

5. Meeting a friend for coffee on a day when both of us have had it with our kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Thai restaurants are always available on Valentine's Day

Anonymous said...

Consider being thankful for The Far Side:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/farside/pool/