Monday, January 26, 2009

Yeah, genius, there are ways to fix that

Liza has had a cold for the past few days (hence the new quote on the masthead), and she's grown progressively more clingy over time, even as her cold seems to be getting better. We've gone from "let's snuggle on the couch" every few hours, to "I WANT TO CUDDLE!!!!!!" screamed anytime I'm doing anything other than moving at top speed. Meals have been especially bad, because after listening to her whining for 10 minutes while I fix the food and watching her wolfing down whatever she deigns to eat off her own plate, I get about two minutes of peace to eat my own meal before she starts attempting to climb into my lap at the table.

I've been indulging her - she's been sick, after all - but I passed my limit on cuddle extortion about 3pm yesterday. This morning as we were cuddling on the couch for like the fourteenth time today, I got exasperated.

"Look, I like cuddling with you and everything, but can you tell me why you have to beg for cuddles 1500 times a day?"

"Um, um, um ... I'm cold."

"Yeah, well, it's 19 degrees outside, and you're running around the house in just a bikini top and a mermaid tail. Maybe we could cuddle less and you could put on more clothes?"

"Oh, okay." She climbs down off my lap and heads for her room.

When she comes back a few minutes later, she is wearing wool socks ... and a bikini top and a mermaid tail. sigh

-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a smart girl you have! I am still laughing... K's mom

Anonymous said...

maybe she needs a cowl?