Monday, January 19, 2015

Whole30, day 15

Today I took Liza with me to the grocery store, mainly because she was home from school and I needed to go, and partly because I wanted her to see what it is like to truly be surrounded by temptation and not give in.

She held the list and checked things off, and she was the designated label-reader for anything she wanted to get. That girl can spot sugar derivatives at 30 paces, let me tell you. And even though she whined and cajoled a bit, her heart really wasn't in it. I pointed out that she has been sleeping better, hasn't had a stomach ache, hasn't felt sick, and hasn't even had a sniffle since we started, as opposed to how she was when she was eating whatever she wanted. She admitted that she felt better...but she still wants a pizza. I don't blame her one bit!

Breakfast and lunch were variations on previous days: hard boiled eggs, sausage, and fruit; leftover soup and some guacamole dipped with those weird veggie potato chip things.

Dinner was a somewhat labor-intensive salad a la nicoise, with steamed green beans, boiled potatoes, hard boiled eggs,  roasted peppers and stuffed olives, and canned tuna. Homemade vinaigrette dressing turned out really good, even if the use of yellow mustard rather than Dijon did render it sort of bile-colored. I will totally use that recipe again, though, because it is quite tasty.

I also made some scrambled-egg-and-prosciutto thingees for breakfast tomorrow, and I have a pot of Cincinnati style chili simmering on the stove for dinner tomorrow. I have a long day of work to face, and a meeting tomorrow night, so I figure something I can just hear and throw over some Zoodles will be just about my speed. Thank goodness for planning at least a little ways ahead!

No comments: