Sunday, January 11, 2015

Whole30 day 6

Today mostly sucked. Jason and liza spent most of the day whining about food, I was grumpy about having to go to the grocery store on a Saturday with every other person in Avon, nothing sounded good for meals, and all I wanted to do was sleep. Then I made jambalaya for dinner, and it was actually awesome, and everything was suddenly fine. Yeah, I think my emotions are still tied pretty tightly to food, don't you?

Meal 1: Jason made bacon for him and Liza and had an egg over easy; I got up later and made myself scrambled eggs with ham, spinach, green onions, tomatoes, and half an avocado. Fried an extra slice of ham for Liza, too, and gave myself half a cup of orange juice. The OJ was blissful, the best thing I've tasted in a while. I wanted to lick out the cup and cry when it was gone.

Meal 2: Jason and I had salads with various stuff from the fridge thrown in top (including slices of deli turkey and roast beef); Liza had half a banana and some lunch meat (and a bunch of fruit at various times for snack).

Meal 3: Gonzales Chicken Jambalaya, which included chicken, ham, sausage, and a bunch of veggies. Only things I had to change were using coconut aminos in place of Worcestershire sauce, and serving it like a stew instead of over rice.

Bonus round: we got together with some friends who aren't on the Whole30 bandwagon, and we took our own snacks and drinks and nobody was offended or died because they couldn't drink milk or have a beer. Good to know!

No comments: