Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Whole30 Day 3


Meal 1- adults had leftover frittata and fried potatoes, Liza had leftover pork from Tuesday and some blueberries.

Verdict: no more frittata for me for a while. I had to choke down this one, and I haven't actually enjoyed any of it. I'd rather just scramble an egg on the fly, but that won't work for Jason. Need more ideas for next week. Also, having leftover fresh pineapple in the fridge is awesome.

Meal 2 - Jason had a repeat of Tuesday's dinner; Liza had turkey rolls, cashews and dried apricots (uneaten), and canned pears. I made a salad/spread of diced chicken, a hard boiled egg, diced avocado, and a little homemade mayo, and ate that on some romaine lettuce leaves like tacos.

Verdict: The weird sandwich spread stuff (which I made because a dental appointment made it painful to open my jaw very far) was actually pretty good. I realized later in the day that I hadn't had many vegetables to eat, so I modified the plan for dinner to make sure it was vegetable-heavy.

Meal 3 - adults had roasted cauliflower, green beans with lemon/ghee, and roasted chicken. Liza had the chicken and some snap peas, since she doesn't like cooked vegetables.
Verdict: Jason and I would eat an entire head of cauliflower if you roasted it long enough. Then we would feel sick for a day and a half, but it would almost be worth it. Picking apart the chicken is a pain in the butt, but at least cooking it takes next to no effort. Also, I put some capers in with my green beans, which was super tasty.

Tonight I've got chicken broth going in the crock pot, and some baked sweet potatoes cooling in the fridge. Tomorrow's plan for dinner is kind of a crapshoot and I'm not sure my ingredient substitutions will work out, so at least now I have Emergency Backup Food if the stew sucks. Yay for planning ahead!

No comments: