Friday, January 09, 2015

Whole30 day 4

Today Jason was plagued by people around him eating delicious, non-compliant food. Around 1:30 he sent me this:

Meal 1: sausages and fruit for everyone!

Meal 2: Liza confronted some of her food demons by taking a lunch with her when visiting a friend's house. The friend had a sandwich and milk; liza had turkey and fruit and apparently only briefly considered hitting her friend on the head with a hammer and stealing her food.

Jason took leftovers from Day 3 dinner, and I finally got the salad I had been craving (I know, right?). Lettuce, spinach, leftover cauliflower, cooked chicken, hard boiled egg, mushrooms, kalamata olives, and olive oil and balsamic vinegar as a dressing. Side of snap peas and guacamole to dip them in. Most yummy thing ever.

Meal 3: Jason got a promotion and a fancy new job title! Time for a compliant celebration meal: Bison steaks with a homemade steak sauce, steamed broccoli with lemon ghee sauce, and baked sweet potatoes.

We let Liza eat some carrots left from lunch instead of the broccoli, but otherwise her verdict was:

Observations: I felt a little jet-lagged this morning at work, but as soon as I stopped thinking about it, it got better.i haven't really had any cravings ... I mean, walking past the Hot Pockets at Target yesterday was kind of painful, but mainly because I didn't want to admit that I liked them in the first place. My afternoon snack is definitely more about habit than hunger; the hunger doesn't start until I'm actually home and fixing dinner. Oh, and that Gold Peak iced tea is kinda nasty.

No comments: