Monday, January 12, 2015

Whole30 day 7

Meal 1: Jason and I collaborated on scrambled eggs for breakfast, throwing in just about anything that wasn't nailed down this included onion, green pepper, mushrooms, ham, and kalamata olives. Verdict: olives do not belong in egg dishes. 
Liza had fried ham and half a banana, plus more fruit for snacks during the day.

Meal 2: After a trip to Heinen's, where I STILL couldn't find everything I needed for the week, I stopped by Moe's to pick up a quick lunch for all of us. Liza got the steak, plus some fruit from home. Jason and I got salads topped with half chicken half pork, fried onions and mushrooms, pico, tomatoes, olives, cucumbers, and cilantro. Got a cup of guacamole and threw half of that on top of each salad,
Verdict: I was not impressed. Apparently I need the cheese and sour cream to make this sort of thing palatable, because this was bitter and kind of gross. Given that Moe's is one of my favorite places to eat, this was definitely a disappointment. 

Meal 3: baked sweet potatoes, roasted cauliflower, and Paleo crab cakes. The kids had ham slices, carrots, sweet potato, and applesauce. We had friends over, so this counts as our first attempt to entertain on the plan.
Verdict: This turned out okay, and it was nice to have "normal" food to serve to our guests. The crab cakes weren't perfect (canned crab and coconut flour - oh, the horror!) but they were okay, and everyone had seconds. The sweet potatoes could have cooked a little longer, I think - they weren't as squishy as I would have liked. But at least we ended up with plenty of leftover cauliflower for this week!



No comments: