Monday, January 12, 2015

Whole30 day 8

I've invented a new award: the Golden Donut, which is awarded to a Whole30 participant who confronts a long-entrenched routine and fights against it for the good of her compliance. Today, I won it because I didn't have time to eat breakfast before I took Liza to school, and I didn't really want anything at home anyway, which usually would mean I would stop at McDonald's or Subway (or Burger King, which is located right next to my gym) for breakfast and a giant Diet Coke. And today I seriously thought about doing it, only ordering stuff that was as close to compliant as I could get. But nothing sounded any better than the crappy food I had at home, so I manned up and went home for breakfast. Yay, me!

Liza, on the other hand, caved in the face of the second classmate's birthday in two school days, and she ate the cupcake. And her stomach hurt afterward. And I asked if it was worth the stomach ache, and she said it totally was. Bitch.

Meal 1: Jason and Liza revisited the "baked sweet potatoes and ham," but I couldn't stomach the thought of it, for some reason. So I came up with little sandwich roll-up things with roast beef, roasted red pepper, dill pickle, and mustard. Between that and about 1/4 cup of an all-fruit smoothie, breakfast was done.

Meal 2: Jason and I had leftover jambalaya of awesomeness, plus some fruit. Liza had sliced deli roast beef, applesauce, and some veggies.

Meal 3: Ronaldo's beef carnitas with guacamole, fried onions and peppers, and pineapple. We subbed carrots for the veggies on Liza's plate, but otherwise she ate the same as us.

No comments: