Thursday, January 10, 2008

Day 4 - let there be light

Lots of light. Like, six recessed can lights, a center decorative fixture, and 11 under-counter lights. We're going to have Chicago-bound jets landing in the backyard when we turn on all these suckers ... I'm thinking of installing tanning bulbs and working on my glow while I work on dinner.
It would be nice if the electrical contractors had remembered to put in the outlet for the microwave oven/vent fan, since it needs to be on its own circuit and the inspector is coming tomorrow. See what happens when I don't hover, but leave the professionals to their jobs and pay attention to the kid instead? There's a reason I'm going to be all in the contractor's business from now on ... it's called, "you mess up the schedule, I have to eat in my freakin' basement for an extra week."

Speaking of Liza, here's the princess, doing her Cinderella impression while scrubbing dinner dishes:

What? She's closer to the ground than I am, and it's her sippy cup anyway. Let her wash it.

Oh, and MLF - ha, ha - the port-a-potty is standard procedure for this company, I guess so that they don't track construction dust throughout the rest of the house trying to get to the john. Most of their jobs are in houses that are much larger and more expensive than ours, so I guess it make sense. In our case, though, I'm looking for excuses to ditch most of the carpet anyway, and it's actually closer to go to the bathroom than it is to go outside to the port-a-potty. I tried to persuade them to leave it behind, but it was a no-go. (hee)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If Liza is Cinderella, then what does that make you... ?