Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The train bound for hell in a handbag

Okay, who switched the "play imagination games" switch in my daughter to "on"?



Because I'd like them to be the one to have to come ride the train of sofa cushions for 30 seconds (hardly enough time to even work up a good chugga chugga, much less a choooochoooo), then hop up ("stand up faster, Mama!") and visit the awe-inspiring destinations of "the trashcan!" and "the recycle basket!" and "that thing! You mean the lamp? The Lamp!" Every. Single. Afternoon. For at least 30 minutes straight.

You ever try getting up off the floor every 30 seconds for half an hour straight? Screw pilates, I've got the newest workout craze right here, baby.


On the other hand, the sight of my sparkles-and-tulle-clad daughter with the World's Ugliest Handbag slung over her arm pushing a shopping cart loaded full of gyoza and plastic Easter eggs is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. And I got in trouble last night because every time she turned her back, I threw a stuffed tomato at her head, and she told me tomatoes were for eating, not throwing, so I had to go in timeout. That was so cute I could just keel over ... with the added bonus that I got to turn throwing stuffed fruit at my daughter into one of her favorite games! Hooray for lazy parenting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next time, try fresh tomatoes.