Saturday, January 05, 2008

Taking all the joy out of life

I stuck my head in a little skunk's hole
and the little skunk said, "Well bless my soul!
Take it out! Take it out! Remove it!"

Well, I didn't take it out
and the little skunk said, "If you don't take it out, you will wish that you had.
Take it out! Take it out! Remove it!"

Well, I didn't take it out
and the little skunk said, "pssssssssst!"
I removed it.

It just takes all the joy out of teaching that song to your kid when you have to set aside the first five minutes to explain the inner workings of a skunk so the kid understands why the "psssssssst" is funny. I never pictured myself uttering the words, "So then he sprays stinky stuff out of his butt," at least not while stopped in traffic in front of Chick-Fil-A. Glad that's out of the way ...

Oh, and five bucks says that if you know the tune for this song, it'll be stuck in your head for the rest of today. Bwahahahahahaha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will be waiting, with bated breath, for the video of the singing.